Friday

Cupcakes in Amsterdam #2

Beter & Leuk, Eerste Oosterparkstraat 91



The greatest thing about my search for the tastiest cupcakes in Amsterdam is visiting  places where I usually wouldn’t go that easily. For instance my latest finding, the breakfast-/lunchroom and shop Beter & Leuk at the Oosterparkstraat. It’s completely on the other side of the city from where I live, but I read on the internet that they sell Cupies cupcakes, so I really had to go there and try one of their cupcakes.

At Cupies they believe that everyone should enjoy the good stuff in live, so that’s exactly what I did last friday. I settled down in their super cute and cozy boutique and had a delicious vanilla cupcake and a great latte. Definitely a keeper! Loved the sweet taste of the spongy little cake and the vanilla creme was just finger licking good. I really couldn’t choose which one to pick, since they have all these delicious flavors like: chocolate heaven, strawberry fields, toffee break, honey, champagne deluxe (a sparkling champagne buttercream topping) and banana moon. Oh, I have to go back there as soon as possible to try out the other ones!
            Back to Beter & Leuk, because this place deserves some attention on its own. Too bad I just had breakfast and it was a little bit too early for lunch, because their menu looked great. They serve homemade granola with fresh fruit and yogurt, warm sandwiches with goat cheese, tomato and honey or with smoked chicken, avocado, tomato and mayonnaise. Hmm! While I sat there, they were baking carrot cake en chocolate chip cookies, all coming from their own small kitchen, smelling so good!  But  above all, their slogan is: STOP EATING SHIT, EAT GOOD FOOD! So everything you order at Beter & Leuk comes from good suppliers,
serving only honest products (from organic 
coffee to free range chicken). A real asset for me! 
            
Like I said, their lunchroom is also a shop. They sell great t-shirts, nice jewelry, books and beauty products. All selected on whether they’re nice, but also good for the people, the animals and the environment. I really liked the bags from the Bag Rescue Plan that they sell, great concept!
        For me, Beter & Leuk and their delicious Cupies Cupcakes are definitely worth the detour.

P.s. Do you have a broken heart? Got a bad grade? Feeling down? A.k.a. do you need some serious good food? They also do high tea’s, where you can taste all of their delicious cupcakes, sandwiches and cakes. That múst make you feel better :)




No comments:

Post a Comment