With so many horrible things going on in the world right now, I think it’s important to realize sometimes how blessed I am (we are). And to count your blessings, to reflect on the things that really make your life worth living. So every once in a while, I write down the 10 things that made me incredibly happy that particular day. It makes me smile and sometimes I even find it hard to just pick out 10 happy-moments. I scrolled back trough my note book and picked out a few of them I wrote down the last couple of days, as a start of sharing my ‘things that made me incredible happy today’-lists with you.
- The smell of rain on hot pavement
- Having a tv-dinner with delicious pizza and wine (and eating left-over pizza for breakfast, just because I felt like it)
- The discovery of even more freckles on my face
- The way you feel after a long sunny day on the beach (and how good a cold beer tastes afterwards)
- The snoring of my grandmother
- The sight of my two favorite men in the world together
- Eating cupcakes, drinking tea and talking for hours with a friend at the Teabar
- Starting a new book with very promising first pages
- A little Ben&Jerry’s truck parked in front of my house. Hello message from above!
- When a lovely memory just pops into your head and gives you butterflies in your stomach all over again
Before you go to bed tonight, make a mental lists of things that made you happy today.